- 4 cups diced potatoes, (baking potatoes)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups sliced leeks, white part only (sliced)
- 1½ cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 roasted jalapenos, seeded and chopped finely (To roast, place jalapenos under broiler. Broil until skin is black and bubbles. Remove from oven and peel skins off of jalapenos)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1½ to 2 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives or parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup GO Veggie! Grated Parmesan Flavor Topping
Place potatoes in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return potatoes to the pot. Set aside.
In a large sauce pan, melt butter and add leeks. Cook for 3 minutes, add garlic and onions. Cook for 3 more minutes. Add vegetable stock, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add jalapenos, water and leek mixture to the large pot the potatoes are in, add white pepper and salt. Puree.
During the summer months you can chill the soup at this time. In the winter months, keep it hot! Before serving, stir in heavy cream and sprinkle with grated topping. Top with chives or parsley and serve!