Vegan Cheesy Gluten Free Nachos
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large onions minced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped plus more for topping
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup arugula
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook until translucent and tender, approximately 8 minutes.
To assemble nachos, add tortilla chips to prepared baking dish. Spoon onions over tortilla chips. Layer with avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, basil, lime juice, GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds, zucchini, carrot, chili powder, cumin and sea salt.
Bake for 15 minutes or until shreds are completely melted; remove from oven.
Top with arugula, scallions and reserved cilantro. Enjoy!
Created by: Amie Valpone HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.theHealthyApple.com, GO Veggie! chef ambassador, a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. ©Amie Valpone 2014