Twice-Baked Potatoes with a Broccoli and Cheese Filling (gluten-free)
Servings: 4 - 6
- 4-5 organic russet potatoes
- Dash neutral tasting high-heat oil
- Water for boiling, salted 2 crowns broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup non-dairy butter
- 3⁄4 cup vegan GO Veggie! Mexican Style Shreds, plus more for topping (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or dill
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place whole potatoes on a large baking sheet and coat with a small amount of oil. Bake for about 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
Remove from oven and let potatoes cool. When cool, slice each potato in half lengthwise and place back on baking sheet. Keep oven on.
Bring a small (2-quart) pot half full of salted water to a boil, and cook broccoli for about 2 minutes or until bright green. Drain and set aside.
Using a melon baller or spoon, remove filling from each potato half and place in a large bowl, leaving potato skins intact. Set empty skins aside. Add butter to potato filling and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add cheese, garlic, brown rice syrup, lemon juice, basil or dill, sea salt, black pepper and broccoli, and mix.
Place about 1⁄4 cup of mixture into each potato half, and top with additional cheese if desired.
Bake potatoes for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tops are slightly browned.
Note: To make it easier on yourself, try roasting potatoes in advance, and scooping them out once they are cooled.