Tomato, GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Block, and Basil Bruschetta with Balsamic Vinegar
Chef’s Note: GO Veggie! Grated Parmesan Flavor Topping can be added to this recipe. This dish could also be heated under a broiler after topping the bread with the mixture. Try adding toasted fennel seeds or crushed red pepper to the mix for a unique flavor.
- 6 slices whole wheat French bread (or Ciabatta bread)
- 2 tomatoes, diced into ¼” pieces
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, packed loosely, chopped
- 2 ounces GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Block
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper as needed
In a toaster oven or an oven set on the high broiler setting, toast ¾” slices of the French bread until toasted evenly. Flip the bread and toast on the other side. Reserve.
In a medium size mixing bowl, add together the chopped tomatoes, chopped basil, chopped garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to let the flavors marry.
No more than 5-10 minutes before serving, spoon the tomato mixture onto the the bread. Place cubes of the block on top of the tomato mixture.