Sweet Potato Vegan Enchiladas
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, preferably organic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro, to season black beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Poblano chili, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 6 8” flour tortillas, preferably Maria and Ricardo vegan tortillas
- Enchilada sauce
- 1 8 oz bag GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds
- Optional: Verde sauce
- For garnish: Sour cream (vegan), fresh cilantro, lime wedges
Cook sweet potatoes in oven at 400 F for about 40 minutes or until nice and tender. Let potato cool and scrape out inside and put in a separate bowl.
Put black beans in a bowl and season with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Set aside.
Sauté onion and pepper on medium-high for 7 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Add cinnamon for additional taste.
Consider warming up tortilla at first and then fill each tortilla with 1/8 serving of each mixture – sweet potato mixture, black bean mixture, onion mixture. Optional: sprinkle GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds in center of enchilada before rolling.
Roll each tortilla and lay lengthwise in 9”X13” glass dish. Spread enchilada red sauce on top of all tortillas, making sure everything is covered. Sprinkle a good amount of the Mexican style shreds on top
Bake in oven at 400 F for about 15 minutes or until cheese and sauce is bubbling. Garnish enchilada with sour cream, lime wedge and fresh cilantro.