Stovetop White Cheese Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli
This creamy Stovetop White Cheese Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli comes together quick for the perfect kid-friendly meal.
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
8 oz (225 g) small pasta (use any shape you like; I used Ditalini)
12 oz (340 g) broccoli, cut into florets
2 tablespoons light olive oil
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1½ cups (355 ml) dairy-free “milk”, at room temperature
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (7 oz/198 g) pack GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Shreds
1 (8 oz/227g) container GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. When the pasta has 3 minutes left to cook, add the broccoli to the pot to cook along with the pasta. Drain the pasta and broccoli.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add the milk, salt, and black pepper, and stir until the sauce is lump-free. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover the pot, and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mozzarella shreds and cream cheese, and whisk until the cheese is completely melted.
- Stir the cheese sauce into the pasta and broccoli.
Recipe by An Edible Mosaic