Shrimp Scampi and Whole Wheat Linguini with GO Veggie! Grated Parmesan Flavor Topping
Chef’s Option: Use different herbs – basil and chives would both work great for this dish. Also, try different proteins such as chicken or crab.
- ½ box whole what linguini
- ¾ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 small package mushrooms, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup GO Veggie! Grated Parmesan Flavor Topping
- 1 teaspoon Italian parsley, chopped (optional – dried)
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
Bring a pot of 2-3 quarts of water to a boil. Add a few pinches of salt to the water. Add whole wheat linguini, and cook according to the directions on the package, about 12-14 minutes.
While the linguini is cooking, preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle half of the oil over the surface of the pan. Add shrimp. Season lightly with salt. When the shrimp are colored and cooked through, remove from the pan and reserve. In the same pan, add the remaining oil, garlic and mushrooms, cooking for about 2 minutes, stirring as needed. Add the tomatoes, half of the GO Veggie! Grated Parmesan Flavor Topping and the wine. Cook for another 4 minutes. Season as needed. Reserve warm until the pasta is done cooking.
Drain the pasta carefully and place back into the empty pasta pot. Add the tomato mixture and the shrimp. Cook over medium heat for another minute to allow the sauce to be absorbed into the linguini.
Place on a platter or plate as desired. Sprinkle the remaining grated topping and chopped herbs on top.