Shrimp And Baby Pea Stuffed Pepper with GO Veggie! Shreds
- 1 medium red pepper, uniform
- ½ cup frozen baby peas
- 1 tablespoon slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- 5 cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 3 ounces)
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves, fresh (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 ounces GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar and Pepper Jack Shreds
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Nonstick vegetable spray, as needed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix frozen peas, cooked shrimp that has been chopped into ½” pieces, thyme and the GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar and Pepper Jack Shreds.
Trip the top off of the red pepper, approximately ½” below the very top. Remove the seed and stems that may be inside of the hollow pepper. Stuff the pea and shrimp mixture into the hollow pepper.
Place on a baking sheet or oven safe pan. Spray quickly with vegetable oil spray. Place in oven.
Cook for 25 minutes until the shreds are melted, and the mixture inside registers 150 degrees on a meat thermometer. The shreds on top should be lightly browned and melted well.