Savory Marjoram Mac n’ Cheese
- 3/4 lb. elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free butter
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Slices
- 4 GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Slices
- 2 tablespoons GO Veggie! Lactose Free Parmesan Grated Topping
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent.
Add flour and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring often. Add dairy-free milk, sea salt and pepper, continue to mix and cook until mixture comes to a boil, approximately 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring often.
Add spinach, red pepper flakes, marjoram and cheeses. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often. Add in cooked macaroni; gently toss to combine.
Top with parmesan cheese.
Created by: Amie Valpone HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.theHealthyApple.com, GO Veggie! chef ambassador, a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. ©Amie Valpone 2014