Roasted Eggplant Parmesan
- 2 zucchini squash, quartered lengthwise
- 3 summer squash, quartered lengthwise
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into ¼” slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 cloves)
- 1 jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 package GO Veggie! Lactose Free, Rice Mozzarella Slices
- 1 small package fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray, as needed
- ½ cup gluten free Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup GO Veggie! Grated Lactose Free Parmesan Topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the zucchini, summer squash and eggplant onto sheet pans or cookie sheets. Spray with the vegetable oil spray.
Season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven, roasting until they are lightly colored, and turning as needed. Remove from the oven and let cool until easily handled. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
In a separate bowl, mix the grated topping and the Panko breadcrumbs. Reserve.
In the bottom of an ovenproof dish or crock, spoon just enough of the sauce to cover the surface. Layer all of the other ingredients except the breadcrumb mix throughout the dish, making sure to top each layer with tomato sauce.
Top the dish with the breadcrumb mixture and place in the oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until warmed in the middle and golden brown on top.