Red Velvet Alternative Cheesecake
Chocolate Cookie Crust Ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons Best Life Butter or favorite alternative
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa
- 2 scoops chocolate flavored protein powder
- 1 egg yoke plus 3 tablespoons liquid egg alternative
- 1-1/4 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup of Stevia or favorite sugar substitute
Red Velvet Cheesecake Batter Ingredients:
- 2 – 8 oz. tubs of GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative
- 6 oz. lite silken firm tofu
- 1 package white chocolate sugar-free pudding mix
- 1/2 package cheesecake flavored sugar-free pudding mix
- 8 oz. vanilla sugar-free yogurt made with coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond, soy, coconut or rice milk
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 3 scoops chocolate flavored protein powder
- 3 tablespoon dark unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup Stevia or sugar substitute
- 2 full bottles of red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
Cream Topping Ingredients:
- 1 – 8 oz. tub GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative
- 12 oz. jar of Walden Farms marshmallow dip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Stevia or sugar substitute
- 1-4 tablespoons non-dairy milk as needed
Chocolate Cookie Crust Instructions:
Combine the above ingredients with electric mixer. Release the side ring from a 10″ spring form pan and trace a circle around the bottom onto parchment paper. Spray lightly the bottom of pan then place on parchment paper. Press dough on the bottom of the pan with side ring removed until evenly covered leaving a remainder of more than half the dough to press up the side ring after baking.
Bake in a 400º oven for exactly 7 minutes, remove and allow to cool completely.
When cooled, press remainder of dough to connect the bottom pan to the side ring and continue to work up the side ring until just over halfway.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Batter Instructions:
In a food processor combine the cream cheese alternative, silken tofu and coconut yogurt until smooth. Add mixture to large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer the milk, egg substitutes & white vinegar.
Add the dry pudding, protein powder, cocoa and Stevia. Add additional nondairy milk 1 tablespoon at a time if needed. Add 2 bottles of red food coloring carefully blending until completely colored.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter slowly until disappears.
Pour batter into cooled crust springform pan and bake at 325 º for 1 hour. Shut off oven and prop open door with a kitchen towel or oven mitt.
Allow to cool completely for best results, leave in oven over night. Refrigerate for several hours. Release the cake and invert onto cake plate.
Cream Topping Instructions:
Combine all ingredients for the cream topping until desired consistency, make with less non-dairy milk for decorations around the cake edge or more milk to spread across the entire cake top surface.