Ratatouille with White Beans
Nutritional Information: 245 calories, 10.5 g fat, 1.3 g sat fat, 30 g carb, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups eggplant, skin on, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup Portobello mushroom, diced
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1, 15 ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons GO Veggie! Lactose Free Grated Parmesan
- 2/3 cup GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Shreds
- Salt and pepper
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add oil, onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add the eggplant and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is partially cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
Add peppers, zucchini and mushrooms and continue to cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, stock, beans, thyme, and basil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the parmesan and mozzarella and season with salt and pepper.