Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin
- 4 Striped Medium Pumpkins
- 1 package of Onion Soup & Dip Mix (1oz)
- 1 cup Fresh Mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 2 Tbsp butter or dairy free substitute
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup Skim Milk or Dairy free substitute
- 4 tablespoons GO Veggie! Grated Parmesan Flavor Topping
Cut the 1/3 of top of pumpkin off. Take seeds out and wrap each pumpkin in plastic wrap and heat in a microwave until tender.
Scoop inside of each pumpkin and mash in a bowl.
Cut broccoli into flowerets and the stem into bite-size pieces. Chop carrot.
In a sauce pan, heat butter alternative and add flour. Stir frequently and add skim milk or dairy alternative little by little stirring constantly. Simmer until thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In another sauce pan, bring 4 cups of water to boil. Add carrots and broccoli. Cook until tender.
Then add onion soup mix. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add mushroom, mashed pumpkin and white sauce (4). Stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Put the soup into each hollowed-out pumpkin. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the grated topping on each top of pumpkin soup. Bake for 10 minutes.