Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
These sloppy joe’s are a fun take on Philly Cheese steaks, complete with the cheese sauce!
Servings: 4 sloppy joes
For the sloppy joe mixture:
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion (about ¾ cup), diced
½ green bell pepper (about ½ cup), diced
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon steak sauce (such as A-1)
For the cheese sauce:
1 tablespoon non-dairy butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup non-dairy milk
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until brown.
- Add onion and bell pepper, season with salt, and cook until veggies are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add Worcestershire, steak sauce, and beef broth.
- Cook another 5 minutes, until beef broth has cooked down.
- To make the cheese sauce:
- In small saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring milk mixture to a simmer, then add cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- To assemble:
- Place desired amount of beef mixture on buns, then top with cheese sauce.
Recipe by Greens And Chocolate