Pesto & Turkey Cucumber Roll-Ups
"These roll-ups make a great snack, make-ahead appetizer or even a recipe you can do with the kids by letting them pick their own fillings."
Servings: About 18 rolls
3 medium cucumbers (each will yield about 6 slices)
¼ cup store-bought basil pesto
6 slices GO Veggie Lactose & Soy Free Mozzarella Slices, cut into ½ inch strips
6 oz deli smoked turkey breast, shredded
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced into matchsticks
1/2 cup spinach, shredded
salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Slice the cucumbers lengthwise on a mandoline at about a 2mm setting. If you don’t have a mandoline, you can always use a vegetable peeler.
- Place the cucumber slices on parchment paper and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto on each cucumber, then evenly distribute cheese, turkey, bell pepper and spinach on each.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper.
- Roll up and place seam down. If you want an even nicer presentation, you can stick a toothpick in the middle for easy appetizers! Serve with extra pesto or sauce of choice.
Can be make a day ahead. Just store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Feel free to sub in different veggies or meat with your favorites!
Recipe by Ambitious Kitchen