Monterey Jack Cranberry Scones
Servings: Makes 8 large scones
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick dairy-free butter
- 1/2 cup Go Veggie Cheddar Shreds
- 1/2 cup Go Veggie Monterey Jack Shreds
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dairy-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Cut in the butter and cheese shreds, then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Remove from the fridge; preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Add parsley, dried cranberries and yogurt to the refrigerated dough. Using hands, form the dough into eight large balls; place onto nonstick baking sheets 1 inch apart and press down to form a flat surface. Brush each scone with almond milk.
Bake for 20 minutes or until scones are golden brown and fully cooked inside. Remove from oven; set aside to cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Created by: Amie Valpone HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.theHealthyApple.com, GO Veggie! chef ambassador, a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. ©Amie Valpone 2014