Maryland Style Crab Cakes with GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Shreds
Chef’s Note: To add some spice, you may add up to ½ tsp. of cayenne pepper to the mix.
- 1 can lump crabmeat
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning mixture
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Shreds
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook until lightly colored. Remove and cool.
In a bowl, add together the remaining ingredients. Add the onion and garlic mixture.
Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes to soften. If the mixture is too dry still, add a touch more mayonnaise.
Form into patties. Place on a nonstick cookie sheet or sheet pan, and place in the oven. Cook for approximately 12 minutes, and then flip, using a spatula. Finish cooking for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.