Loaded Nachos with Jalapeños
Chef’s Note: If desired, you can top these Nachos with chopped grilled chicken or shrimp.
- 1 small bag gluten free tortilla chips, whole wheat or baked
- ½ cup GO Veggie! Lactose & Soy Free Cheddar Shreds
- ½ cup GO Veggie! Lactose & Soy Free Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 small can black olives, sliced (optional)
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- Jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spread tortilla chips on a cookie sheet or sheet pan evenly. Sprinkle the shredded GO Veggie! Lactose & Soy Free Shreds evenly over the chips.
Top with the onions, tomatoes and jalapeno peppers. Place in the oven and bake until the shreds are melted, about 12 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with chopped cilantro and sliced olives if desired. Serve immediately.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of The Healthy Apple ©Amie Valpone 2012