Holiday Turkey Sausage Dressing with GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Block
Chef’s Note: This can be done without the turkey sausage for a vegetarian option. Substitute ½ pound of cubed seitan, firm tofu or Portobello mushroom.
- 3 links turkey sausage, roasted and sliced into rounds
- ½ loaf wheat bread, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon, minced garlic
- ½ onion minced fine
- 1 GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Block
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place all ingredients into a bowl, reserving some of the cubed block for the top of the stuffing. Mix together to incorporate.
Place in a large ovenproof baking dish. Top with the reserved cubed block. Place in the oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the dressing is warmed through and crusted on top.