Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad
Nutritional Information: 190 calories, 13 g fat, 2.3 g sat fat, 12 g carb, 3.1 g fiber, 9.5 g protein
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely minced
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 2 medium-size portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½-inch rings
- 1 zucchini, cut in half then quartered lengthwise
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups GO Veggie! Lactose Free, Rice Mozzarella Shreds
Whisk together lemon juice and zest, olive oil, mustard, parsley, basil and shallot in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss the vegetables with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Coat grill or grill pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray. Preheat to medium-high heat.
Grill vegetables 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender and lightly charred: Asparagus and peppers for 1-2 minute per side, and onions, mushrooms and zucchini for 2-3 minutes per side
Remove stem and seeds and slice the peppers.
Separate the onion rings
Slice the Portobello mushrooms
Toss the vegetables, baby arugula and ¼ cup (or more) of salad dressing in a large bowl. Top with cheese.
Created by: Amie Valpone HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.theHealthyApple.com, GO Veggie! chef ambassador, a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. ©Amie Valpone 2014