Grilled GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Slice, Tomato, & Basil Panini
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Slices
- 12 tomato slices
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 slices ciabatta bread, or other rustic Italian white bread, thinly sliced
Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl to blend; seasoning dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange the slices of bread on a flat work surface and, using a brush, spread an equal amount of vinaigrette on one side of each slice. Top four of the slices of bread with one GO Veggie! Lactose Free Mozzarella Slice, three slices of tomato. Layer the four slices with the remaining Mozzarella slices and then top with three basil leaves.
Place the remaining four slices of bread on top. Brush the outside of each sandwich with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Grill sandwiches until bread is golden brown and Slices are melted, pressing occasionally to compact with large spatula, about 5 minutes per side.