Grilled Fish Taco Salad with GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Shreds
- 10 ounces Mahi-Mahi, seasoned and grilled, and cut into 1” cubes
- 3 cups mixed greens, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- 1 cup baked tortilla chips, crumbled lightly (approximately 10 – 12 pieces)
- 2 ounces GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Shreds
- 1 bunch of scallions, white and light green parts only, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
Optional garnish Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon salsa, prepared
In a medium bowl, place all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette together. Mix with a whisk until incorporated. Reserve.
Place the grilled Mahi-Mahi pieces into a bowl. Spoon one-third of the vinaigrette mixture over the fish. Set aside.
In a large serving bowl or on a platter, place the greens down evenly. Sprinkle the crushed tortilla chips over the greens.
Place the marinated Mahi-Mahi chunks over the greens. Top with scallions, and finally the shreds. Spoon the reserved 2/3 of the vinaigrette over the salad.
Garnish the salad with the prepared salsa as desired.