Go Veggie! Chicken and Spinach Lasagna Rolls
What's not to love about Lasagna?! Finally an alternative way to enjoy it without a worry in the world (except if there's not going to be any leftovers).
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded*
- 2 (7 oz) GO Veggie! Mozzarella Style Shreds, divided (1 cup set aside for topping)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (8 oz) pkg. GO Veggie! Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (26 ounces) alfredo or marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, Mozzarella cheese, chicken and spinach.
In a separate mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer set on low speed, blend cream cheese until smooth, then mix in basil, garlic powder, onion powder and season with salt and pepper to taste (I hardly used any salt). Pour the cream cheese mixture into the chicken mixture and toss to evenly coat.
Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce along the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch dish or along 2/3 of a 13 x 9-inch dish.
Spread the chicken mixture into an even layer along the length of each cooked lasagna noodle then roll noodles to opposite end.
Cover each lasagna roll evenly with remaining sauce, being sure to cover tops of pasta entirely so they don't dry while baking. Sprinkle tops evenly with remaining 1 cup of reserved cheeses. Bake in preheated oven 25 - 30 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted.
May also be prepared without chicken, it's just as delicious!