Gingerbread Donuts with Vanilla Bean Frosting
Indulge without feeling guilty, low carb and gluten-free!
Servings: Yields 12 Donuts
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder (plain or vanilla)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Kelapo or other extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla protein powder)
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 4 oz GO Veggie! Dairy Free Vegan Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative, softened
- 6 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Seeds of one vanilla bean
For the donuts, preheat oven to 325F and grease a standard-sized donut tin well.
In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon cloves and salt.
In a large bowl, beat together GO Veggie! Vegan cream cheese, eggs and coconut oil. Beat in molasses, vanilla and stevia until smooth.
Beat in almond flour mixture in two additions, alternating with almond milk. Fill donut tin cavities 2/3 full (you will need to do 2 batches) and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and donuts are firm to the touch.
Remove and let cool in pan 5 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Re-grease donut tin and repeat with remaining batter.
For the glaze, beat GO Veggie! Dairy Free Vegan cream cheese with sweetener until well combined. Beat in almond milk, vanilla extract and vanilla seeds until smooth. Spread over cooled donuts.