- 2 teaspoons vegan buttery spread
- 1 container extra firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 1 tablespoon agave or brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons light miso paste (yellow or white)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus to taste
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper, plus to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ bunch fresh chives, finely chopped (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds
Heat a skillet over a medium heat. Add buttery spread.
Over a mixing bowl, crumble tofu with your hands. Transfer to pan.
To pan, add agave and lemon juice and stir to incorporate.
Add sea salt, black pepper, turmeric and garlic powder. Stir.
Add miso paste and stir into scramble mixture. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until golden.
Add most of the chives, reserving a small amount for serving.
Add GO Veggie! Mexican Style Shreds and stir well for about 30 seconds to melt cheese and remove from heat.
When serving, garnish with additional chives and season to taste with additional sea salt and pepper.