Dairy Free Pizza Pockets
For the dough:
1⅛ cup warm water
1/3 cup dairy-free butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons yeast
3½ cup bread flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
1 cup marinara sauce
2-3 cups GO VEGGIE Vegan Mozzarella Flavor Shreds
1 (3.8 ounces) can of sliced olives
2-4 ounces mini pepperoni, optional
4-8 ounces sliced mushrooms, optional
For the topping:
3 tablespoons dairy-free butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper, to taste
GO VEGGIE Vegan Grated Parmesan Style Topping, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix together the water, butter, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Add flour and salt to stand mixer, knead into a soft dough. Divide into 8 equal pieces.
4. Create a stuffing station with marinara, cheese, and toppings.
5. Working one by one, gently roll out each piece of dough. To create pizza pockets, spoon marinara in the middle of the dough, arrange toppings, and sprinkle with GO VEGGIE Vegan Mozzarella Flavor Shreds. Bring the edges together and press, making sure there are no gaps. Place seam side down on a prepared baking sheet.
6. Once each pizza pocket is placed on the baking sheet, cover with clean kitchen towel and let rise for 10 minutes.
7. Combine melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Brush the mixture on to each pizza pocket, then top with GO VEGGIE Vegan Grated Parmesan Style Topping.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.