Creamy Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
Servings: Serves 4-6
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, tightly packed (about 2-3 bags)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup organic non-dairy mayonnaise
- 1 container GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese (8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon, plus zest)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 tablespoons GO Veggie! Dairy Free Grated Parmesan
- 1 can water chestnuts (8 oz), diced
- 1 large organic loaf bread (sourdough or spelt preferred)
- Crackers and vegetable sticks
Pre-heat a skillet over a medium-low heat and add olive oil. Add spinach and garlic and cook until spinach is wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Drain liquid from spinach.
In a large food processor, add non-dairy mayonnaise, GO Veggie! cream cheese, sea salt, pepper and lemon juice and zest. Pulse about 7-10 times. Add cooked spinach, and pulse until uniform.
Fold in 2 tablespoons parmesan and water chestnuts. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To create bread bowl, cut a round out of top of bread. Hollow out center and retain extra bread for dipping.
When serving add dip into bread bowl and top with remaining 2 tablespoons GO Veggie! Parmesan. Serve bowl with crackers and vegetable sticks.