Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free)
Servings: about 16 cookies
- 1/3 cup non-hydrogenated buttery spread
- ½ cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 heaping tablespoons GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese, Classic Plain
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon egg replacer, dry
- ½ teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend (Pure Pantry preferred)
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°
Cream buttery spread and sugar, until smooth, either in a standing mixer or mix by hand with a pastry whisk. Add vanilla extract, cream cheese, maple syrup, sea salt, egg replacer and cinnamon. Mix until ingredients are uniform, about 1 minute.
Add flour blend. Mix until the mixture holds together. Fold in chocolate chips.
Line a cookie sheet with a silpat or grease with cooking spray.
Scoop cookie mixture into tablespoon-sized portions and place on the cookie sheet. Spread out about an inch apart.
Bake for about 18-20 minutes, rotating once. The outsides of the cookies will appear golden brown and the inside will be lighter.
Let the cookies cool on a cookie sheet for about 7-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.