Chive and Garlic Cream Cheese and Olive Tapenade Over Crostini
Servings: 10 - 12
- 1 container GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Cheese, Chive & Garlic
- 12-14 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt, plus to taste
- ¼ tsp. finely ground black pepper, plus to taste
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, stemmed (about 2-3 sprigs)
- 1 organic whole grain baguette
- 1 clove garlic, slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp. high-heat neutral tasting oil for grilling
In a mixing bowl, add olives, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, sea salt, pepper, capers and thyme.
In a separate mixing bowl, add cream cheese and add half of olive mixture. Stir to incorporate. Set aside.
Heat a griddle or grill pan over medium high heat and brush with high-heat oil.
Slice baguette, rub with garlic and place pieces on pan. Cook about 3 minutes, or until golden.
Brush other side and cook about 3 more minutes.
When serving, spoon about 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture onto crostini and top with a small amount of the remaining tapenade.
Garnish with thyme if desired.