Chive and Cheese Skillet Omelet (gluten free)
Servings: 6 - 8
- 1 (14-ounce) block firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened almond or soymilk
- 2 teaspoons non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer, dry
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon neutral tasting oil
- 1 tablespoon light miso paste (non-barley)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon neutral tasting high-heat oil, for greasing pan
- 1⁄2 cup vegan GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds
- 5-8 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
Preheat broiler to high.
In food processor combine tofu, almond or soymilk, baking powder, egg replacer, flour, arrowroot powder, nutritional yeast, brown rice syrup, sea salt, black pepper, turmeric, oil, miso and lemon juice. Blend until mixture is uniform and smooth.
Grease an oven-proof non-stick sauté pan generously with high-heat oil. Place tofu mixture into pan, and spread out evenly. Cook over low heat, covered, for about 5 minutes without stirring.
Remove lid and continue to cook over medium heat for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Sprinkle omelet with GO Veggie! Dairy Free cheese. Place sauté pan in oven and broil for 3 minutes, or until browned. Top with basil and chives.
Let cool for 10 minutes, and transfer to a platter. Serve warm.