Cheesy Spinach Burritos
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach (about 10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Shreds (or coarsely grated GO Veggie! Lactose Free Cheddar Block)
- 1/3 cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative
- 4 10” flour or corn tortillas
Preheat the oven to 375°. Oil a baking dish.
In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the scallions and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, cover and cook until wilted. Stir in the rest of the filling ingredients until thoroughly melted and combined.
To soften the tortillas, lay out on a baking sheet and place in the oven for a minute or two.
To prepare the burritos, place about ¾ cup of the filling on the lower half of the warm tortilla, fold the bottom up and the sides in to encase the filling, roll it up, and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the filling and tortillas. Brush the tops lightly with oil, cover with foil and bake until hot, about 20 minutes.
Serve topped with your favorite salsa and a side of rice.