Cheesy Griddle Corn Cakes
Servings: 12 large cakes
- ½ cup organic corn kernels (frozen or 1 cob corn, kernels removed)
- 2 teaspoons non-hydrogenated vegan buttery spread
- 1 ¼ cup organic finely ground yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup organic un-bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ - ¾ teaspoon barbeque seasoning
- 1 cup original un-sweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon neutral tasting oil (safflower)
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons agave
- ½ cup, plus ¼ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Vegan Mexican Style Shreds
- 1 tablespoon neutral tasting oil for cooking (safflower)
Heat a small sauté pan over medium heat and add buttery spread.
Add corn and cook until golden, about 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sea salt, and barbeque seasoning and whisk until uniform.
Add almond milk, oil and lemon juice to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
Fold in cooked corn and ½ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Vegan Mexican Style Shreds.
Heat a large sauté pan and add neutral tasting oil.
Carefully spoon ¼ cup batter into pan and repeat for all batter.
Cook until slightly browned for about 2-3 minutes.
Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, topping each cake with a small amount of GO Veggie! Dairy Free Vegan Mexican Style Shreds. Serve warm.