- 1 cup original almond or soymilk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup finely ground organic yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup organic all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup neutral tasting oil (Safflower)
- 1 cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds, divided
Pre-heat oven to 375°.
In a small bowl add almond or soymilk and apple cider vinegar. Let stand until curdled for about 1-3 minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Whisk until uniform. Set aside.
To dry ingredients, slowly whisk in curdled almond or soymilk, maple syrup and oil and whisk until uniform and then fold in 2/3 cup GO Veggie! Dairy-Free Mexican Style Shredded cheese, reserving 1/3 cup for top of cornbread.
Grease an 8 x 8 square dish. Pour batter into dish and top with reserved cheese.
Bake for about 24-26 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from center of baking dish.