Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato and White Bean Bake
Nutritional Information: 350 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 57 g carb, 11 g fiber, 16 g protein
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup organic low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Grated Parmesan Topping, divided
- 1/3 cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375.
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and 1 tablespoon oil; sauté 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10-15 minutes or until onion is very tender and browned, stirring frequently.
Add squash, sweet potato, herbs, beans, stock, 1 tablespoon parmesan, mozzarella and stir to combine.
Season with salt and pepper.
Combine breadcrumbs, remaining parmesan cheese, and remaining olive oil; sprinkle evenly over squash mixture.
Cover and bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender.
Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until topping is browned.
Created by: Katie Cavuto, MS, RD, GO Veggie! Ambassador, Registered Dietitian, Culinary Nutritionist, Writer, Spokesperson, Media Personality
www.healthybitesdelivery.com, ©Copyright 2014