Breakfast Sandwich with GO Veggie! Lactose Free American Slices and Asparagus
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- ½ cup egg substitute (or 1 egg)
- ½ pound asparagus with bottom 1.5” cut off
- 1 slice ripe tomato
- 2 GO Veggie! Lactose Free American Slices
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray, as needed
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put the asparagus on a sheet pan or cookie sheet, and spray quickly with the vegetable spray. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes and remove. Set aside warm.
Preheat a sauté pan to medium-high heat. Using an egg ring, pour egg into the ring and cook through, removing from the ring and flipping over as needed. While cooking on the second side, top with 2 GO Veggie! Lactose Free American Slices to melt.
Place the egg and slices between the toasted English muffin, and top with the asparagus and tomato. Serve immediately.