- 2 teaspoons neutral tasting oil (Safflower or refined coconut)
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2/3 cup low sodium, organic vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Classic Plain Cream Cheese, plus for topping
- ¼ cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Mozzarella Style Shreds
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, finely chopped *Optional for garnish
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic.
Sauté for about 3-5 minutes, until soft.
Add sea salt, cayenne, cumin, oregano and cinnamon stick. Sauté about 1 additional minute.
Add beans, tomatoes, molasses, vegetable broth, lemon juice and cream cheese.
Cook, covered, on low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove lid and cook an additional 3-5 minutes to thicken up chili.
Remove cinnamon stick from pot and turn off heat.
Ladle warm chili into individual bowls. When serving, top each bowl with an additional dollop of cream cheese, GO Veggie! Mozzarella Style Shreds and chives, if using.