Bacon Jalapeno Grilled Cheese
"The smoky and salty slices of bacon are the perfect complement to the spicy jalapeno and creamy cheese slices."
Servings: 2 sandwiches
4 slices bread
4 slices bacon, cooked
4 slices GO Veggie! Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese, or your favorite cheddar cheese
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons non-dairy butter spread
- For each sandwich, place 2 slices of bacon on one slice of bread.
- Top with 2 slices of cheese, and the sliced jalapeno, to your liking.
- Top the jalapeno with the remaining slice of bread.
- Spread butter spread on each side of the sandwich.
- Cook the sandwich using either a skillet or a panini press.
- For a skillet, heat over medium-low heat.
- Place sandwich on skillet, and cook for 4-5 minutes, until bread is golden.
- Flip and cook another 4-5 minutes, until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
- If using a panini press, place sandwiches in the panini press and cook 5-6 minutes, until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Recipe by Greens and Chocolate