Avocado & White Bean Mac n’ Cheese
- 10 oz. gluten-free pasta
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. dairy-free butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 (15.5 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups GO Veggie! Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 cup crushed gluten-free crackers
- 2 Tbsp. GO Veggie! Dairy Free Grated Parmesan Topping
Bring water to a boil in a large pot; add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine avocado, sea salt and pepper; pulse until smooth. Set aside.
Place butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add almond milk, white beans and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
Add cooked pasta, crushed red pepper and avocado sauce; mix well to combine.
Serve warm with crushed gluten-free crackers Parmesan on top.
Created by: Amie Valpone HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.theHealthyApple.com, GO Veggie! chef ambassador, a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. ©Amie Valpone 2014