Apple Chicken Quesadillas
- 6 large corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. dairy-free butter
- 6 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 large apples, chopped
- 1 bag GO Veggie! Lactose Free Rice Shreds, Mozzarella flavor
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/ tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brush tortillas with butter and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
Slice chicken breasts into 1/2-inch strips.
In a large bowl, combine chicken with apples, cheese, onion, lime juice, sea salt, pepper and chili powder; gently toss to combine.
Transfer mixture onto prepared tortillas and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Garnish with cilantro.
Created by: Amie Valpone HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.theHealthyApple.com, GO Veggie! chef ambassador, a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. ©Amie Valpone 2014