15 minute Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese
"The cheese sauce is incredibly creamy, ooey-gooey and no one can tell that it’s lactose and soy free!"
- 8 oz elbow macaroni noodles (preferably whole grain)
- 1 tablespoon vegan buttery spread
- 1 ¼ cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 package GO Veggie! Lactose and Soy Free Cheddar Shreds (about 2 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook noodles according to package directions in a large pot. Drain and then pour back into the pot.
Reduce heat to low and immediately add in buttery spread, almond milk and GO Veggie! Cheddar Shreds.
Gently stir with a wooden spoon until cheese begins to melt and form into a nice and thick sauce. If it’s WAY too thick, add in ¼ cup more of almond milk, just remember we want creamy, not soupy mac and cheese.
Stir in flaxseed meal for added nutrition if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For added nutrition such as fiber and omegas, add in the flaxseed meal.
You can also stir in peas, cauliflower or broccoli!
You may use whole grain macaroni noodles, but whole grain fusilli would also work.
Recipe by Monique Volz, Ambitious Kitchen
Serving Size 1
|Amount Per Serving||% DV**|
|Total Carbohydrates 38.9g||%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||%|
|Vitamins & Minerals||% DV**|
** Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.