Healthy Creole Soup
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (optional)
- 3 cups Tomato Juice
- 1 cup Water or Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Creole Seasoning (found in the spice aisle, look for a blend that doesn’t contain salt)
- • 1/2 cup Carrots, sliced (2 small carrots)
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped (1 celery stalk)
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup Galaxy Nutritional Foods Vegan Topping, Veggie Grated Topping, Veggie Parmesan Shreds or Parmesen Grated Rice Topping
In large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Dice onion and cook until soft. Add chopped garlic, diced green pepper, and diced jalapeno. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
Add liquid ingredients: tomato juice, broth (or water). Add creole seasoning, thyme, carrots, celery and brown rice. Bring to a simmer and cook 30 minutes, until rice is tender.
Ladle into bowls and top with desired amount of Galaxy Nutritional Foods topping. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Recipe created by Tammy Nimmer