By Heather & Jenny, Spork Foods and GO Veggie! Chef Ambassadors
The holidays are a time of parties, family gatherings and if you’re lucky, some travel and relaxation. When you’re vegan and gluten-free, social gatherings can be stressful unless you come well equipped with some delicious recipes! Let us help you spread the vegan holiday cheer.
1. Quick Appetizer – Creamy Olive Tapenade. Mix together 1 container GO Veggie! Dairy Free Cream Classic Plain Cheese, and 1½ cups of a pre-made olive tapenade. This creates a creamy, unique app that you can serve with some gluten-free crackers and crudité. Mmmm!
2. Impressive Appetizer – Creamy Spinach Dip. This app is easier to make than you’d think, and our secret ingredient for crunch is water chestnuts. For gluten-free, either ditch the bread bowl or find a sumptuous gluten-free bread.
3. Hearty Side Dish – Herb Roasted Cauliflower with a Cheesy Mornay Sauce. If you want to make your house smell amazing, make this dish! It’s so hearty and satisfying, which makes it a great choice for a winter potluck. For the recipe, just us your favorite gluten-free flour blend instead of regular flour.
4. Easy Shareable Main – Parmesan Brown Rice Cous Cous with Toasted Pecans and Cranberries. When you see all the dishes lined up at a potluck, you’re drawn towards the ones that look the most delicious. This dish vibrant color from the cranberries, pecans and fresh herbs, so it will make a splash. The brown rice cous cous takes only 10 minutes to cook, so you can whip this up in no time. Just sub out the orzo, and use brown rice cous cous.
5. Super Holiday Dessert – Cream Cheese Chocolate Peppermint Bark. You can’t beat our favorite combo of peppermint and chocolate. This cream cheese bark is a little dreamy winter dessert that is dressed to impress for any holiday party. And you can make this dish one or two days in advance, so the day of the potluck all you have to do is get yourself ready!